8/25/11

Introduction to Chinese fashion

I just had the idea to post about chinese fashion ! Yeah, since I went to China twice, I thought I should do an interesting post about what I learnt about their fashion brand and style ~

Actually, chinese fashion is kinda near to japanese one, I mean we can find some girls with a very gyaru style but also some casual styles. The mean reason is because japanese magazines such as Vivi publish chinese version in China (and maybe in other chinese speaking coutries).

But we can also find chinese fashion magazines which is clearly inspired from japanese magazines. Yeah because of course, there are the famous ones like ELLE China or Bazaar but I'm talking about cute, gal one's ~

I bought one magazine named "COCO" last year and I kinda liked it (even it's not awesome as japanese mag').


Even we can find some gyaru type styles, japanese nail arts and hairstyle tutorials, we can feel the chinese fashion touch. The pages are more casual & sport like... Because chinese girls love sport fashion ! There is a famous shop all around China which sell sport clothes and they wear it like casual clothes. It's particulary famous in summer.

Anyway, for people who are interested in this magazine, here comes the website : COCO

I found an other trend about chinese fashion. I saw a lot of girls wearing some chiffons skirts, it's quite popular so I also bought 2. There are so many choices and it's cheap (no doubt, it's China!). But what I like about China, it's there are many shop gallery with little shops with all types of clothes, it's like paradise. And most of shops sell unique clothes, that means, there is no copy (and also, there is not so much choice about size... So if you are big [not mean fat], it's quite hard to buy all the things you like). Even I'm tall and more curvy, I was able to find some cute clothes like the ribbon dress.

Let's talk about make up and jewelry ~ Even if make-up is not that famous because many chinese girls don't especially know how to put make-up (quite difficult on asian eyes, I tried...), there are also similarities with japanese make-up trend even Korean's trend are getting stronger in China. Chinese models are the best exemple :

Even it's hightly inspired from japanese fashion and trend, we can feel the chinese type... Difficult to explain but I can feel the difference. Anyway, if you are interested in chinese models and their wonderfull photoshoot, go to this website : MOKO. This website is more like a chinese Ameba but with photoshoot gallery, all the models have their own MOKO where we can find all their photoshoot (and the quality is super good, the pictures are wonderfull !).

Anyway, talking about make-up and jewelry, there is a famous shop : AIYAYA
This brand has S.H.E and an other chinese/taïwanese celibrity as their models. Actually, I don't exactly know if the shop is from Taïwan or China but anyway, what is in China is in Taïwan and the contrary works too.

So when I went to this shop it was the cutie paradise, it's just wonderfull. So I bought some make-up to try the quality... What can I say, it's chinese quality but not that worse as I thaught. Actually, the only problem of thos cosmetics it's that they are difficult to remove even using a make-up remover... They don't give anything bad to the skin or anything else like this, the difficulty to remove is the only problem... May be good if I go to beach XD
Even the make-up is not that wonderfull, at least they have wonderfull hair brooch like this one I bought. And there are many others stuffs but I didn't buy it... Anyway, need to check more what is in this shop ~

For Jewelry, there is also an other brand that I just saw in Hong KongyoNEED
They have so much choices in earrings ! And they also sell a lot of japanese nail art stuff (it's not yoNEED brands and it's totally wrote in japanese, so I made my conclusion...).

So I hope you find this post interesting as much as I'm interested in chinese fashion. Even there is nothing new about it, still good to know some brand and some particularities about it. I'm wondering if I should do a post about chinese models... I like their shoots so much ~ ^^

So, see u soon !

4 comments:

  1. You should definitely do more posts on chinese fashion. As much as I love japanese fashion it seems like everything is just street snaps taken on the same few streets. I'd like to see some chinese street snaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chinese and japanese magazine are almost the same. But I prefer Japanese Magazine. Ray Magazine have English version. I just bought it yesterday.
    3lin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know Coco!!!!! Well, a little bit at least. A few years ago a shop I would visit sold past issues of it. Happy to see some new spreads for it in your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Factorzero : Yeah, I really want to talk more about chinese fashion but unfortunatly, I don't have so much pictures of chinese girls fashion even I saw some on the streets ~
    010 : Yeah, of course, japanese magazine are the best ever, I prefer it at any other nation magazine, even french ones I find it totally boring ~
    Jenny : Yeah ~ Coco is not really famous but it's quite good, of course, it's a lot inspired from japanese magazines but still love it <3

    ReplyDelete